Friday, February 04, 2011

I wanted...I bought,...I made

I was just as surprised as Teddy to see how much he'd grown!

We are away for the weekend visiting the lovely Marie and Jon and the fast growing Teddy which is a treat. Am planning reheating soup Sunday night on our return - more cheesey crackers and a glass of red was all we needed after a wonderful and well fed weekend. Monday I think will be roast, perhaps with salads rather than hot veg hot roast beef sandwiches with grilled onion salad, Tuesday we are out, Wednesday could be the lamb stew that didn't happen last week the man was out so I had a grilled pork chop and salad and steamed the lamb stew, Thursday I think risotto stew with a hunk of crusty bread, Friday noodles the last of the roast beef with some olives and cheese and salad and bread = cold collation. And we have most of all of that and I don't have noodles!

Went to Borough Friday and it was so different to the scrum that is Saturday. Wandered around and chatted with people, only buffeting came from a gale blowing through every space. John at Ginger Pig found a beautiful piece of topside for me roasted Monday night and lunches in the week, along with a couple of chicken carcasses made stock for the freezer for £18.70

Then over to Wild Beef where the stall was momentarily unattended but I left £1.50 for a box of eggs with the guy at the neighbouring stall

Chocolates from L'Artisan du Chocolat - 2 bags for a treat - £4

Hoped for some pork scratchings from the game poeple, but alas, was not to be though they had lots of lovely looking produce as did the Essex Fish people on the next stall

With Booths gone and Teds not there on Fridays, got my veg locally as our greengrocer often has good Brit produce like curly kale and onions and cabbage

Was really delighted to see Ian back at the Elizabeth King stall - his son has been running it for a few months - had a long catch up chat about future hopes and plans, seriously enjoyed it. Bought nothing!

Bought milk, pasta and an exceptionally good rye loaf from Neals Yard £9.20

Not bad for the week - £33.40

No comments: